The Community Language Literacy Project
Don’t let a good thing go to waste!
Arabic Daily is a UK based outreach language support initiative. It was created to aid people in the community with heritage language learning. Whether just starting or improving your current language level help is at hand. Providing assistance where ever we are.
Some reasons to learn Arabic
Arabic is the fourth/fifth most spoken language in the world. There are many countries that speak Arabic as a first language. One of the first things that a person does when he or she becomes a Muslim is to learn some basic Arabic words and chapters of the Quran. Arabic is also the language of many Christians in the Middle East who are very proud of their language.
Why would anyone learn Arabic?
1. It is a scientific language.
2. It is a spiritual language.
3. It is one of the top languages to learn in political and economic circles.
4. Its letters are clear, unlike many other languages where various letters can have different sounds and pronunciations.
5. It is a language whose learners increase every time someone becomes Muslim…and we all know how many people are becoming Muslims, despite the negative media stereotypes and shocking stories.
6. It is a language not just of Arabs or for Arabs, as the Arabic language has been made international…it is now open for anyone to learn.
7. There are obviously many jobs a person can get if they can speak Arabic such as within Journalism, travel companies, NGO’s, charitable organisations and aid agencies, translation and interpretation, teaching, spy agencies and secret services, financial institutes working and meeting with those rich Arabs etc etc etc.
8. For social reasons…maybe you have a Muslim friend or know someone who is Arab or speaks Arabic.
9. It is a language that has been around for some 2000 years. It has classical, modern and colloquial versions of it.
10. And last but not least it is the language of one of the most popular and widely read books ever. The language of a book that is controversial but attracts so many people of all backgrounds and cultures. It is the language of the Holy Quran.
There are many Arabic words used in other languages like English, you may even speak words of Arabic origin without even realising.
<?php pvc_stats_update( $postid, 1 ); ?>
Increase Page Views Count and echo stats of this post