GCSE Arabic Past Papers 2015, 2016, 2017. Listening, Reading, Writing.
These papers will be available when you take a lesson with us. We prepare students for GCSE Arabic with 45 and 60 minute lessons. These GCSE Arabic past papers have been gone over so many times with alot of our students and we have certain techniques on how to master these papers.
We also can provide an examiner who will attend the school that your child attends to take the exam with them. Examiners can attend schools within London or just outside of the M25.
We have also attended schools to teach Arabic and prepare candidates for the speaking exam or other areas of Arabic language learning. Alternatively we mark papers and return them to you with a few days. This will also give you a rough idea of how students will do in advance of the actual exam.
April is usually a very busy month and we get emails from a lot of schools for dates in April, so do contact us early to avoid disappointment. We only have so much manpower and a limited time frame.
These changes will apply to all awarding organisations’ specifications:
- The new 9-1 grading system will replace A*-G, and there will no longer be any controlled assessment. All papers will be set and marked by the awarding organisation.
- Papers will be tiered, with 25% assessment weightings per skill (listening, speaking, reading, writing).
- Compulsory topics will be linked to identity and culture; local, national, international and global areas of interest; and current and future study and employment.
- Papers will include:
- short translations from and into the target language
- some target-language questions in the reading and listening papers*
- authentic stimuli in the reading paper, including literary texts
GCSE Arabic Summer 2017/2018
Speaking, Listening, Reading
External Examiner Hire for GCSE Arabic
If you would like the GCSE Arabic Examiner service at your school or centre please see the following.
Do let us know:
1. What year you intend to sit the exam?
2. How many students do you have sitting the exam?
3. Have you/they prepared the theme and topics for conversation?
4. What is the location of your school or centre?
The exam window for the speaking paper is usually between mid March through to mid May.
The earlier you contact us the more likely it is that we will be able to help.
Visiting Teacher Hire for GCSE Arabic
We also offer a visiting teacher service for the preparation towards the GCSE Arabic exams. Whether it be a one off session or weekly sessions, we can visit your school to prepare students for the individual papers that make up the Arabic GCSE exam. We do early mornings, after-school or other suitable time.
FAO – School Teaching & Administrative Staff
Re: Visiting Examiner for GCSE Arabic Speaking Test
Audio Recording Equipment
The Examiner is familiar with various recording devices and software but may need the support of the school’s technician or a teacher in cases where the device is not familiar to the Examiner. Please note that the Examiner does not provide recording devices, CDs or storage keys.
Mark Record Sheet
A copy of the Mark Record Sheet is usually provided by Edexcel to the School and can be found within the Administrative Support Guide, via Edexcel’s website. The Examiner will usually have a spare copy of the Mark Record Sheet.
The Speaking Test
The GCSE Arabic Speaking Test is a one-to-one interaction between the Examiner and the Candidate. The overall time, per candidate, should not last more than 20-30 minutes. This time includes any preparation and settling in by the candidate, the test itself and making sure the test has been recorded.
Occasionally there maybe some delays due to Candidate going missing, issues with the recording device etc. In such instances an allowance of 15 minutes will be made to the original 30 minute maximum time, totalling 45 minutes altogether.
Invoice & Fees
PDF FAO – School Staff – GCSE Arabic